Winterlude originated to celebrate the skating season on the Rideau Canal, and the 7.8-km stretch of ice through downtown Ottawa has always served as the focal point of the festivities, despite the often unpredictable weather. There’s no word yet on when the skateway will open this year, but popular Winterlude events already scheduled for the canal include the triathlon on Feb. 4 and bed races on Feb. 11. New this year, on Feb. 18, is the North American debut of dragon boat races on ice — with sticks instead of paddles. Read more at ottawasun.com.
- BEAVERTAILS OTTAWA INCORPORATED BECOMES TITLE SPONSOR OF THE OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL December 9, 2019
- INDIGENOUS EXPERIENCES: DRUM GROUP AND FIRST NATION DANCERS November 13, 2019
- SÉBASTIEN LEMAY – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2020 @ 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM October 15, 2019
- BYTOWN SESSIONS FEATURING JAY MALINOWSKI, JEREMY FISHER, MOSLEY & MORE! October 1, 2019
- CHINESE CANADIAN CHILDREN’S CHOIR OF CANADA – FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2020 @ 6:00 PM September 30, 2019