Winterlude originated to celebrate the skating season on the Rideau Canal, and the 7.8-km stretch of ice through downtown Ottawa has always served as the focal point of the festivities, despite the often unpredictable weather. There’s no word yet on when the skateway will open this year, but popular Winterlude events already scheduled for the canal include the triathlon on Feb. 4 and bed races on Feb. 11. New this year, on Feb. 18, is the North American debut of dragon boat races on ice — with sticks instead of paddles. Read more at ottawasun.com.
- OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL 2019 REGISTRATION SELLS OUT! October 1, 2018
- OTTAWA BUSINESS JOURNAL FEATURES TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL May 8, 2018
- OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL IS THE OTTAWA TOURISM AWARDS 2018 NEW COMPANY OF THE YEAR! May 4, 2018
- BY THE NUMBERS! April 20, 2018
- CULTURE AND HERITAGE AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 9, 2018