Winterlude originated to celebrate the skating season on the Rideau Canal, and the 7.8-km stretch of ice through downtown Ottawa has always served as the focal point of the festivities, despite the often unpredictable weather. There’s no word yet on when the skateway will open this year, but popular Winterlude events already scheduled for the canal include the triathlon on Feb. 4 and bed races on Feb. 11. New this year, on Feb. 18, is the North American debut of dragon boat races on ice — with sticks instead of paddles. Read more at ottawasun.com.
- CULTURE AND HERITAGE AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 9, 2018
- FREE CONCERTS AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 7, 2018
- WITH THE SESQUICENTENNIAL AND THE ICE DRAGON BOAT RACES, THE AVERAGE NUMBER OF VISITS WENT UP January 8, 2018
- FROM INTERNATIONAL ICE CARVING COMPETITIONS TO THE POPULAR ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVALS January 8, 2018
- YAY! WE WERE FEATURED IN DRAGON SPORT NEWS December 17, 2017