The Ottawa Sun talks about the beautiful, sunny and warm weather and the ice dragon boat races that were held on the Rideau Canal Skateway at Dows Lake. There were over 10,000 participants and spectators for the races and other activities that were held the same day. They start off with,
“It was a wonderful day on the Skateway at the heart of Winterlude Saturday.
Tens of thousands of participants, ranging from folks taking part in the newest feature, Ice Dragon Boat races, to 2,500 kids marking a return to Winterlude’s storied past with 150 games of shinny to celebrate Canada 150, to regular skating party people were out in the warm, sunny rink…”
Even with conditions getting too warm for the ice conditions to maintain, the festival still took a strong grip in its first year. We can only speculate how this festival will continue its growth. Read the full article here!
- OTTAWA BUSINESS JOURNAL FEATURES TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL May 8, 2018
- OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL IS THE OTTAWA TOURISM AWARDS 2018 NEW COMPANY OF THE YEAR! May 4, 2018
- BY THE NUMBERS! April 20, 2018
- CULTURE AND HERITAGE AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 9, 2018
- FREE CONCERTS AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 7, 2018