Today the first ever Ice Dragon Boat Festival held in North America and the largest Ice Dragon Boat Festival in the World was held at Dows Lake on the Rideau Canal in Ottawa. The Ottawa Citizen reports on the team events, including the winners.
Tens of thousands of participants, ranging from folks taking part in the newest feature, Ice Dragon Boat races, to 2,500 kids marking a return to Winterlude’s storied past with 150 games of shinny to celebrate Canada 150, to regular skating party people were out in the warm, sunny rink…
…While the ice lasted Saturday, the Ice Dragon Boat races lived up their pre-Winterlude hype, as teams propelled their bladed craft along a course on Dow’s Lake using stakes with sticks topped with grader-like implements to dig into the ice. Read More…
- CULTURE AND HERITAGE AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 9, 2018
- FREE CONCERTS AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 7, 2018
- WITH THE SESQUICENTENNIAL AND THE ICE DRAGON BOAT RACES, THE AVERAGE NUMBER OF VISITS WENT UP January 8, 2018
- FROM INTERNATIONAL ICE CARVING COMPETITIONS TO THE POPULAR ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVALS January 8, 2018
- YAY! WE WERE FEATURED IN DRAGON SPORT NEWS December 17, 2017