100 teams registered in record time for the second edition of the Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival! Teams continue to sign up to the waiting list in hopes of gaining a spot to the worlds largest ice dragon boat festival. Athletes have registered from California, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Ontario and Quebec.
The Festival is partnering with the International Ice Dragon Boat Federation Series, Canadian Heritage and NCC to present non-stop action in the Nation’s Capital. With registration increased by 40 teams over the inaugural edition organizers are planning on an even more spectacular event.
Athletes and spectators are once again expected to make history when they converge in Ottawa setting a new participation and attendance record for this exciting new event. With an earlier date, the festival expects to see colder weather and faster races creating a memorable experience for all involved event. The Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival will start with practices on February 9th, with February 10th being race day on the Rideau Canal Skateway at Dow’s Lake.
SCHEDULE: Visit the Event Schedule for more info!
- OTTAWA BUSINESS JOURNAL FEATURES TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL May 8, 2018
- OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL IS THE OTTAWA TOURISM AWARDS 2018 NEW COMPANY OF THE YEAR! May 4, 2018
- BY THE NUMBERS! April 20, 2018
- CULTURE AND HERITAGE AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 9, 2018
- FREE CONCERTS AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 7, 2018