CTV News Ottawa describes how the warm weather affected all Winterlude activities on the weekend with deteriorating ice conditions. The Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival was forced to decrease the number of races due to the wet and slushy conditions.
The warm weather started on Saturday with sunshine and a high of 9 C. On Sunday, the daytime high in Ottawa reached 7 C, according to Environment Canada.
The unusually warm weather was not ideal the final weekend of the Winterlude outdoor festival. On Saturday, the races were cut short for the Ice Dragon Boat Festival, while the Rideau Canal Skateway was closed at 11p.m. Read More…
- CULTURE AND HERITAGE AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 9, 2018
- FREE CONCERTS AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 7, 2018
- WITH THE SESQUICENTENNIAL AND THE ICE DRAGON BOAT RACES, THE AVERAGE NUMBER OF VISITS WENT UP January 8, 2018
- FROM INTERNATIONAL ICE CARVING COMPETITIONS TO THE POPULAR ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVALS January 8, 2018
- YAY! WE WERE FEATURED IN DRAGON SPORT NEWS December 17, 2017