CTV News Ottawa describes how the warm weather affected all Winterlude activities on the weekend with deteriorating ice conditions. The Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival was forced to decrease the number of races due to the wet and slushy conditions.
The warm weather started on Saturday with sunshine and a high of 9 C. On Sunday, the daytime high in Ottawa reached 7 C, according to Environment Canada.
The unusually warm weather was not ideal the final weekend of the Winterlude outdoor festival. On Saturday, the races were cut short for the Ice Dragon Boat Festival, while the Rideau Canal Skateway was closed at 11p.m. Read More…
- OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL 2019 REGISTRATION SELLS OUT! October 1, 2018
- OTTAWA BUSINESS JOURNAL FEATURES TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL May 8, 2018
- OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL IS THE OTTAWA TOURISM AWARDS 2018 NEW COMPANY OF THE YEAR! May 4, 2018
- BY THE NUMBERS! April 20, 2018
- CULTURE AND HERITAGE AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 9, 2018