14 Paddlers from the Chatham-Kent Raging Dragons and paddlers from the Breast Buddies, who are a group of breast cancer survivors from Kent and Lambton counties, will attend the inaugural North American Ottawa Ice Dragon Boat Festival in Ottawa on February 18, 2017. Specifically, it will be held at Dows Lake on the Rideau Canal Skateway in Ottawa.
The teams are working hard practicing to prepare themselves for dragon boating on ice – something that none of these veteran dragon boaters have done previously! The differences between this new ice event and regular dragon boating consist of a smaller boat that is built on ice blades and the paddles are more reminiscent of horses hooves – an oar with picks on the bottom to propel the boats forward.
- OTTAWA BUSINESS JOURNAL FEATURES TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL May 8, 2018
- OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL IS THE OTTAWA TOURISM AWARDS 2018 NEW COMPANY OF THE YEAR! May 4, 2018
- BY THE NUMBERS! April 20, 2018
- CULTURE AND HERITAGE AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 9, 2018
- FREE CONCERTS AT TIM HORTONS OTTAWA ICE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL February 7, 2018